PRIVACY NOTICE – PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT (“POPIA”)
We understand that your personal information is important to you and that you may be apprehensive about disclosing it. Your privacy is just as important to us and we are committed to safeguarding and processing your information in a lawful manner.
We also want to make sure that you understand how and for what purpose we process your information. If for any reason you think that your information is not processed in a correct manner, or that your information is being used for a purpose other than that for what it was originally intended, you can contact our Information Officer.
You can request access to the information we hold about you at any time and if you think that we have outdated information, please request us to update or correct it.
|Our Information Officer’s Contact Details|
|Name||Herman Marais CEO|
|Contact Number||021 9138950|
Ground Floor Barinor’s Vineyard South, The Vineyards Office Estate, 99 Jip de Jager Drive, Bellville, Cape Town, South Africa
The Organisation is an authorised financial services provider with FSP nr 46251. We render financial services in the following product categories: Shares, Money market instruments, Debentures and securitised debt and Bonds.
The source of collection of your personal information:
We collect personal information directly from the following data subjects:
- Prospective clients
Personal information is collected directly from you electronically usually via email. You may also be requested to provide your personal information during your consultation with a representative.
We may also collect information about you from other sources such as external third parties and from cookies on our website.
Law authorising or requiring collecting of the personal information:
As an authorised financial services provider, we are obligated in terms of the following legislation to collect your personal information insofar as it relates to the rendering of the relevant financial services to you:
- Financial Advisory and Intermediaries Services Act 37 of 2002;
- Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001;
Purpose for Processing your Information:
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information mainly to provide you with access to the services that we provide. We will only process your information for a purpose you would reasonably expect, including:
- Complying with the obligations contained in the contract concluded between yourself and the FSP
- Providing you with advice and services that suit your needs as requested
- To verify your identity and to conduct reference searches
- To confirm, verify and update your details
- To comply with any legal and regulatory requirements
Some of your information that we hold may include, your first and last name, email address, a home, postal or other physical address, other contact information, your title, birth date, gender, occupation, qualifications, past employment, residency status and your banking details.
Third parties and your personal information
We may need to share your information to third parties provide advice, reports, analyses, products or services that you have requested. Where we share your information, we will take all precautions to ensure that the third party will treat your information with the same level of protection as required by us.
These third parties may include:
- Your employer (where applicable);
- The Compliance Officer of the organisation (where applicable);
- Analytics and search engine providers assisting in the enhancement of our websites;
- Information Technology specialists assisting us with data storage, security, processing, analytics, etc;
- Auditors of the Organisation;
- Regulatory or governmental authorities such as the Financial Sector Conduct Authority and the Prudential Authority;
The Transfer of your personal information outside of the Republic of South Africa
Your information may be hosted on servers managed by a third-party service provider, which may be located outside of South Africa. The third-party service providers are located in Mauritius.
We confirm that the level of protection afforded to your personal information by that third country or international organisation is equal to the protection afforded by the POPI Act.
Complaints and objections
As a data subject, you have the right to –
- Request that we confirm, free of charge, whether or not we hold personal information about you;
- Request that we provide you with a description of the personal information we hold about you, and to explain why and how it is being processed (please complete Annexure A);
- Request that we consider your objections to the processing of your personal information (please complete Annexure B);
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator (please complete Annexure B).
The Information Regulator
In the event that your personal information has not been processed in accordance with the POPI Act and the principles set out above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator.
For further information regarding the complaints process, please visit the website of the Information Regulator, as indicated below.
Alternatively, you may contact the Information Regulator for further assistance:
The Information Regulator: Adv Pansy Tlakula
Physical Address: JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001
Download form HERE